It is the best time of the year! The long-awaited list of Pauline’s favorite things is here! As an event professional in Los Angeles, author and full-time tastemaker, every year, Pauline shares a beautifully curated list of her discoveries over the past year. The list includes all the fun items she LOVES for entertaining your guests and pampering yourself.
Photography by Brook Todd.
Makes 20 pieces (1/4 sheet tray)
- 3 cups a.p. flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter chopped in small cubes
- Mix everything together in a bowl. Crumble lightly through you finger so the butter incorporating in the flour. Not pushing too hard and making chunks.
- Pour the bowl of filling onto a flat, lightly sprayed 1/4 sheet pan.
- Evenly spread the crumble and lightly cover with plastic and push evenly on the shortbread all over with a metal spatula.
- Bake the base in a convection oven at 325ºF for about 15-17 minutes so it has a slight brown color and springs back when touched in the middle.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup granulated sugar over the shortbread right when it comes out of the oven.
- When cooled you can cut into pieces.