The moment you say ?I do? you probably want to tell the world you are getting married, after all this is such an exciting time! So now you are engaged, the planning begins and it is now you need to make your wedding dreams a reality. The invitation plays such an important part in the planning process as your invitation will definitely set the tone of what guests can expect for your wedding celebration.
1. So let?s begin this invite journey. In consideration of your guests it is always advisable to send a Save the Date Invitation giving your friends and family as much notice as possible to reserve the date so they can make plans to attend your wedding.
2. Stationery stores are a great way of getting inspired for all your stationary. They carry books of various designs and styles and quite often offer custom services for the invitations.
3. Invitations are typically priced by the set that includes invitation, reply card and envelope. Once you have the invitation designed all other details like, escort cards, programs, menu cards the design generally are in keeping with the invite.
4. Another route to go for invitation is to work with a custom designer who will listen to your ideas, show you samples of material or modify an existing invitation to customize it for you.
5. Send out your invitation eight weeks before the wedding date.
6. Remember the process of making the invitation will take time as proofing can slow down the production but it is crucial to make sure all details are correct.
7. Order more than you need such as invitations envelopes, seating cards just incase you need to make changes or send a late invite out and it is always lovely to have a few extra for the scrape book.
8. When establishing your printing choices make sure they will work within your budget and there are many printing options and also that they are ready in your time frame.
9. Be respectful of invitation etiquette. There are endless rules and the wording has been fined tuned over the years to ensure that one word will not offend any of your guests.
10. Your invitation will set the tone of your wedding celebration so it is important it expresses what the overall experience your guests will have at your wedding.